Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jackets and Scarves, It's Finally FALL!

The weather is getting chilly outside. It's time to pull out those jackets and scarves. This can only mean one thing. It is FINALLY fall!! I love this season! Football games, hot chocolate, corn mazes, craft shows and pumpkin patches are just a few of the "fall like" things I enjoy during this time of year.

Since it's Fall, it was time to change the bulletin board in my classroom :) So I headed to my favorite craft store, Michaels to pick up everything and anything fall related. On top of my 50% discount, I got an extra 15% off for just being a teacher. Now that's what I call a good deal!

This was SUPER easy to make and everything I bought I will reuse next year. To make the letters, I used my cupcake cricut cartridge (I just liked that particular font). The pumpkins, scarecrow, leaves and sunflowers were purchased at Michaels. I got the sunflowers in an arrangement and just cut the flowers off. The pumpkin border, I bought from the SchoolBox. It is hard to tell in the picture, but the pile of leaves in the corner is actually 3D. To do this, I placed a plastic bag behind the leaves so that they would "pop" out. With a couple of tweaks here and there, VOILA you have an easy but cute Fall bulletin board :)

No comments:

Post a Comment